January 20: Mobile, New Media SIG: Showcase for Mobile, DIgital Media and Software Companies: B2B and B2C
We selected several cool companies to showcase their software at this month’s program. Let’s see what we’re creating in our own backyard. Demos and discussions to follow.
- Lily Li : Hancock Software does energy management with products for energy conservation and audit.
- Arturo Fagundo : All9s is developing a product suite of revolutionary tools that
will seamlessly migrate and replicate cloud environments within and
across multiple cloud providers.
- Sanjay Baronia : Trilio Data is working on bringing a Recovery-as-a-Service product to market.
- Bill Shander : Beehive Media is web design and development company working
with knowledge-driven organizations like consulting companies,
universities, NGOs, foundations, nonprofits and governments on data visualization challenges.
- Reem Yared : HelpAroundTown -- just like it says!
- Mark Inman : Fanstro is fanstribution: distribution through fans.Music, ebooks, art and more!
- Chris Requena : Mobinett Interactive and HubEngage provides gamification, rewards, and promotions for digital channels.
- Kryngle Daly : Kbiobox : Data analytics for DNA
- NEW: Jeff Brown : Market Luminary brings web portal collaboration to focused B2B segments
- NEW: David Asher : ViziApps, an online
tool for building mobile apps without coding
November 18: Course: Design Sketching and Wireframing for Mobile Applications
OUR FIRST COURSE and it's offered by Fresh Tilled Soil's Alec Harrison. Two hours. $29 in advance and $40 at the door. Members' discount $5.
In this class, you'll learn about:
About the Instructor: Alec Harrison is a senior UI designer at Fresh Tilled Soil.
He is passionate about data, data visualization, and technology. He
specializes in creating intuitive UX/UI designs for many types of
industries and products across mobile, tablet & web platforms --
connecting the dots between business needs, innovation, and good design.
July 15: Game Developers Demo Night
Get a first look at the gaming entrepreneurs of tomorrow. MassDiGI’s
Summer Innovation Program pairs college interns with industry
professionals to create the games of the future.
Leaders of MassDiGI
will open the program with some thoughts on industry trends and
Hands on game time will follow the demonstrations for feedback and networking.
We encourage employers looking to network with these developers to attend.
June 17: Apps 'n Apps: Gathering for Mobile Apps Developers
Apps ‘n apps is
a social meetup for Metrowest area mobile developers (iPhone, Android, and more).
The event is one of several networking and educational events organized monthly
by the Mobile/Gaming/User Experience (MGU) SIG at TechSandBox. This is a great
excuse to bring together mobile developers and others to share mobile apps
while we nosh on appetizers.
The format is
casual. Come show off your app, get feedback, find co-founders, discuss stuff,
network, etc. Everyone pays for his or her own food and drinks.